Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hoover Dam

I got to go the hoover dam yesterday. It was way fun because my company presidents cousin works there so we go the private tour. I have pictures of the trail we walked on going there that looks over lake mead. I was on a the trail where they used to have a rail road to move stuff to the dam. we walked through tunnels that you will see on the pictures, they were really neat. One part i really like was floors in the dam. I took a few pictures as you will see. They are all granite pieces that two Italian guy put in when the dam was being built.  I was surprised to learn the dam only cost 49 million to build.  But that was in the 1930's.  I also have a few pictures of the bypass highway bridge that is being built.  It is really big.  Hope you enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Ben! I just came across your blog! How are you? Seems like you're doing great! Hope life is treating you well! And by the way, nice mullet.

The Broderick Family Blog said...

LOVE the pictures! It seems like a cool place to visit, especially with the VIP pass. :)