Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long time ago

 So some time ago I built this jewel box for Sarah I think it turn out pretty good.  There are a few things I would do different if I did it again, but I thought I would at least share some pictures.
 The left door has foam blocks to put pins in and two little boxes. 
 The right door has earring hooks.  This took me a long time to think through, specifically I had not thought of using brass until I was in the store and saw little pieces of it.  Then I stood there and looked at if for a good 15 min, trying to think how it may work.  Here is a big picture of it.  I would add more slots if I did it again, most of her earrings don't need this much space.

It also photographed well, which is nice.  I think my only problem is it is too heavy close to 40 lbs if I had to guess, not a problem if you put in into two studs but hard to move.  I think maybe some day I should make these and sell them, it would be a fun hobby.

3 comments:

Seleta said...

WOW all I have to say is WOW! I didn't know you made that! It is beautiful! I LOVE IT! You should sell them they would fetch a pretty Penny! WOW! Great work Ben!!

Ben said...

I would but first I need to figure how to cut my costs on them and make them lighter. How much would you pay for one?

The Broderick Family Blog said...

I am very impressed Ben!! You are such a handy man! nice wok!