Friday, April 10, 2009

New back ground

So I have thought that is should be more diligent in blogging as the 6 people that read this twice a year may find it boring. So to start I thought i would give my blog a new back ground. As I have seen some other peoples blogs i have seen they have gotten backgrounds from "the cuties blog ever" I ran a quick google and that was really the only site i could find. As I perused through the options I became a little bewildered as everyone of the blogs background was so girly, I thought I don't want my blog to be covered in hearts and flowers. Where are the masculine blog backgrounds? Here is one sample of what i was running into.

I then found the side bar that allowed you to sort by categories, and saw the category of sports, and thought here we go no more flowers and hearts. Here are the backgrounds i found.

Now i was like wow, maybe if i was a soccer mom that would be nice, So looked over the categories again and found one titled camo, I thought now here we go, i can do a paintball theme, yeah! Heres what that one looked like.

So to make a long story short I found one with dirt on it and said this is a start but i still don't like it. As i was posting the background into my blog i noticed that in the html string the were just importing a picture from photo bucket. Then the light bulb turned on, so i Jump over to photo bucket and picked up one of the links from a picture i had previously imported. For those who don't know photo bucket assigns a html link to each picture when you import it so you can link it in emails and slide shows or in html content. Once again to shorten the story, I replaced the string Http://i338.photobucket....jpeg with mine and here we go, a picture i took while sarah and i were in mexico. I still haven not figured out how to get ride of the cuties backgrounds logo, so i will update you when i figure it out. I am kind of new to the html content thing so it might take a while. anywho there you go, a non flower/heartys twirly blog.

3 comments:

Sarah and Ben said...

Dear Ben,
I am so glad you figured out how to put your own background on the blog...
It seems like you enjoyed your internship this morning ;)

yours,

Sarah

Sarah and Ben said...

Oh, PS.

Thanks for doing the grass seed so we can have nice beautiful green grass on our little strip of lawn

Sarah

Caranna said...

I know just what you mean! My husband wanted to set a blog for his business stuff and wanted a masculine, businesslike no frills background. No luck!

All we could find ware girly scrapbook pages. Sad, Sad - to be a male in the blogging world...

We should definitely convince someone with wicked computer sills to remedy that problem.